2/22/2013

Escape to Pyrenees!

Les Pyrenees


I fell in love with Les Pyrenees few years ago when for the first time my parent’s friend took me hiking and rock climbing without permission. For me Les Pyrenees breathe out serenity and natural beauty of immeasurable value!  People are friendly and the food is just full of rustically rich and amazing flavours! When I was asked where I want to go from Barcelona for a weekend, Les Pyrenees was a clear answer. There was no other option for me.

Food market in Vilafranca


Our starting point was the tourist area of Stiges just outside of Barcelona from which we travelled to Vilafranca to see its food market. They had everything from hand knife cut jamon to amazing cheese, vegetable and fruit! The kaki there had such a vibrant colour - so dark and attractive just singing about ripeness! After all my food excitement it led us only up and up to the mountains!

Food market in Vilafranca
Half way I washed the grapes we bought on the market in a mountain stream. They were so rich and juicy – the high levels of sweetness made you feel like smelling alcohol before eating them! While I fed on these wonderful treats I enjoyed the breathtakingly beautiful scenery along the road, which was full of autumn colours ranging from bright yellows to rusty reds and browns. . The trees were an inspiration to nature's best symphony and the young, fast water stream was its orchestra!

Clear water of Pyrenees

After a quick tour of deserted Benasque, we decided to move on and sleep over in Aínsa. The decision often reminds me not linger on something that is not worth it as it may keep from something very special. Aínsa is an amazing location with plenty of nice views and we arrived just on time to see the sunset from the town walls! So many tones of pink spreading along the sky!

Beautiful views in Aí
Then we found an apartment to rent for one night right in the centre on the main square and made a reservation in a restaurant recommended by Michelin called Callizo. The dinner was an intriguing experience - some liquid nitrogen, some dessert eating right from the table, some delicious salmon ceviche and liquefied olive oil „olives look alike“ and much more! I took photos of almost everything! 



Cheese soup in Callizo


I call that a perfect presentation of a paté!


1 komentářů:

Cima Del Pomer said...

The information given in the blog is very productive. I must say the it's a perfect mix of great idea and helpful information.

Thanks
Monfumo Vacation Rentals

Post a Comment

 

TRAVEL and COOK Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger